Wednesday

Study: Done.

She Says:


This is our study, before and after:





Here are the finishing touches for the study:




I framed pretty notecards between glass.  The shelf was an old Pottery Barn item from years ago, painted to match the cabinets.



We found the clip and wire system at Ikea to display cards and hold important reminders.  We ordered the track lighting from Amazon.


Our guests also really appreciate the futon, also from Ikea.  Surprisingly comfortable.  It has storage underneath for the bedding!  We also dedicated one of the cabinets into a wardrobe by adding a clothes rod and shelving.  The rug was actually from our previous house- it's wool, from Target, and I still love it.



This room also provides critical storage for HoneyDo's guitar collection, and I think it looks cool, too!  We got the guitar hooks from our local music store.


And I think this my favorite thing in the room- it just looks like an end table, but it's actually my filing cabinet!  (Under the cat.) I found it at Target- it was even the perfect color- and I installed a file hanger inside.  Beauty and function... love it!

Okay.

Next project.

It's massive.

The great room!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I'm so bad at decorating, wish I had your eye. I love that carpet, can't believe you got it at Target - they have such great stuff. And I love the picture on the wall, is it of books? Nice. Amazing how some paint and a few design touches remake a whole room.

    ReplyDelete